Arya Samaj Marriage which was started by 'Dayanand Saraswati' in the year 1875 is governed by people known as 'Arya'.The marriage is based on the concept of Vedas, which is considered as the poetry of eternity in meta language.Arya Samaj Marriage is applicable amongst Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Jains. A Hindu marriage can be solemnized between two Hindus (often when they are of different religion or nations) (Muslim or Christian) can convert their own religion into Hinduism and become Hindus in the Arya Samaj Mandir with their own free will and consent.
Documents required for marriage : For and Arya Samaj wedding to be conducted, the following documents of the bride and groom and items mentioned will be required:
* Documentary evidence of Date of Birth of both the parties.
The minimum age at the time of marriage should be 21 for male and 18 for female.
* Affidavits, each from the bride and groom, stating their date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
* The affidavit must provide affirmation that the bride and groom are not related to each-other within the prohibited degree of relationship.
* A copy of divorce decree/order in case a divorcee or death certificate of spouse in case a widow/widower.
* 8-8 passport size photos of each.
* Two witnesses. Identity proofs of the witnesses is mandatory.
* Two garlands, two kilogram sweets and half kilogram desi ghee.
Age Proof:( 10th class certificate ),pan card, birth certificate by MCD or other recognize govt. office, passport, driving license, voter I-card, ration card, college I-card, age certificate by C.M.O.
Driving license, Voter I-card, ration card, passport, bank passbook, phone or electricity bill.Domicile issued by proper government office, voter I-card of father or mother, service I-card with address proof,Rent agreement.
Two affidavit, one of boy and one of girl
(for more detail, please see the format of affidavit )
6-6 passport size photo of both boy and girl (Separate Photo)
(If you are a Muslim/Christian then 7 photo)
(ONLY TWO WITNESS FROM ANYSIDE OF BOY OR GIRL)
Two witness With Id proof like voter I-card, driving license, passport, and ration card or
service I-card with address proof.( 1 photo of witness ).
Marriages get performed in just one hour,only you need is two garlands and sweets.In these weddings 'pooja' is not performed to any specific deity. Fire and the other elements are the only witnesses to the ceremony.The wedding is conducted according to Arya Marriage Validation Act XIX of 1937.